Our Commitment to Safety
The 2020/2021 season will look different this year. It is important that you know, understand, and accept these changes prior to your next visit.
What to Expect During Your Next Visit
Below are our current operational plans for the 2020/2021 ski season. In addition to these plans, please review the Pocono Promise located at the bottom of this page. If we work together, we will not be the reason we lose our season!
ALL Visitors Will be Required to Wear a Mask During Their Visit
Masks must be worn when entering any of our facilities, when in lift lines, while riding the lift and any other time you are within 6ft of another guest. There are NO exemptions that a guest may legally claim under the ADA that due to a medical condition or disability, they can be exempt from the ski industry's general face covering and mask mandates. Please review additional mask information and requirements from the Pennsylvania Department of Health prior to your visit.
Visiting From Out of State?
Pennsylvania requires out of state travelers over 11 years of age to produce evidence of a negative COVID-19 test or place themselves in quarantine for 10 days without testing, or a 7-day quarantine with a negative test on or after day 5 of quarantine.
Although we are unable to verify if visitors have met the states requirements, we are urging our guests to do the right thing and not travel to the resort if you have not met the requirements.
Further Precautions Around the Resort
- Lift ticket sales HAVE BEEN LIMITED. As we add more terrain, we will continue to adjust the amount of tickets we sell.
- Season pass sales have also been limited. Once we reach what we have deemed as our season pass capacity, we will be selling no more season passes for this season.
- All tickets are date specific and MUST be purchased online at shopskibluemt.com. There will be no ticket windows available.
- We are offering dynamic pricing on tickets this season. Discounted tickets will be available up to 48 hours before your visit.
- Within 48 hours of your visit, you will still be able to purchase tickets a our day of price if quantities remain. Day of tickets will still need to be purchased online from your desktop or mobile device prior to picking up your ticket.
- All tickets will be picked up using our redemption boxes located OUTSIDE of the of our lodges. Simply scan the barcode provided in your confirmation email to print your RFID ticket. Redemption works best if your phone brightness is turned all the way up, and your barcode is made as large as possible. You may also print the email.
- If you have a ticket from last season, you can reload it online using your webcode and go directly to the slopes.
- Season Pass Holders will not need to make a reservation to ski or ride. Your season pass is valid anytime.
- There will no longer be a drop off area in front of the Summit or Valley Lodge.
- At this time, there will be no shuttle service. You will need to drive your own vehicle between the Summit and Valley Lodges or ski/ride in-between lodges. Please review website information of what lodge is best for you to start your visit.
- All indoor seating areas are at 50% capacity. Due to limited capacity, cafeteria tables are limited to 45 minutes and Slopeside Pub & Grill tables are limited to 90 minutes.
- No outside food or beverage is permitted inside the lodge.
- There are many outdoor dining options available, as well as outdoor courtyard seating.
- When coming inside of our facility you must have a face covering on and remain 6ft apart from other guests.
- Although our staff has increased sanitation efforts, remember to wash and sanitize your hands often.
- Do not visit the resort if you are feeling sick or have been exposed to COVID.
- There will be no ski check this year. All skis and snowboards must be placed on racks outside of the lodge before entering.
- We are encouraging all guests to boot up in their cars. Lockers will still be available for rent to store your items and will be sanitized each night. There will be very few benches in locker room areas.
- We will be limiting the number of guests allowed within our facilities. If an area has reached capacity, please be patient!
- Our rental shops will not be renting clothing (jackets, snow pants etc.) this season. Please come prepared or visit True Blue Mountain Sports Shop for your soft good needs.
- Be ready ski or board before you enter the rental shops. There are no storage facilitates in the Summit Rental Shop and lockers are limited in the Valley Rental Shop. Personal items cannot be left in the shops. Items left will be taken to Lost and Found.
- Only guests renting should enter the rental shops. If you have your own equipment, please meet up with renting members of your party outside the rental shop.
- We will be limiting capacity in each the rental shops and stores. A greeter will notify guests when there is space to enter the shop.
- Repair services will not be available in the Summit Lodge. Please visit Valley True Blue for all repair and tuning services. TOOLS WILL NOT BE AVAIALBLE FOR USE IN THE RENTAL SHOP.
- Face Coverings are required during your lesson
- You will not be put in a lesson with anyone you did not arrive at the resort with.
- Parents with children in the Explorers program will drop their children off in a designated area outside the frontier center.
- No childcare or babysitting services will be offered this season.
- Guests will be required to wear masks and keep 6 feet of distance between themselves and other guests when in lift lines.
- Guests must keep their face covering on throughout their lift ride.
- If you arrive together, ride the lift together.
- Single riders will be placed on our 4 and 6 person lift chair on opposite sides.
- We will not require non-cohorts to fill each space on the lift chair.
- If you are feeling sick please do not visit the resort.
- Our Ski Patrol will not treat uninjured guests with virus or flu-like symptoms.
- It is recommended that if you are sick, you go directly to the hospital or doctor's office.
2020/2021 Winter Season Update
The Pocono Promise
Protecting Ours & Yours
Blue Mountain Resort is a participant in the Pocono Promise to ensure everyone’s safety as we again open our doors. We respectfully request you to do your part of the promise as we do ours. Together, we can continue to stop the spread while enjoying the outdoors.
Our Promise to You
- We maintain aggressive cleaning protocols throughout our facility by cleaning and sanitizing:
- Common areas and high touch surfaces regularly
- Items and places used by other guests after every use
- We administer health surveys to all staff prior to their shift starting
- We adhere to social distancing guidelines established for our facility
- We provide readily available hand sanitizer or hand washing stations
- We train all our employees on the necessary measures that ensure the safety of our guests and staff
- We use masks and personal protective equipment, where & when practical to do so
Your Promise to Us
- You follow the guidance provided on the signs located in our facility outlining:
- Social distancing
- Practicing good hygiene
- Wearing a mask, when practical to do so
- You stay home and plan another time to visit, if you have been:
- Experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, or shortness of breath)
- Exposed to COVID-19 recently
- Diagnosed with underlying health conditions
- Concerned about contracting COVID-19