Safety Fun for Everyone!
More than ever, we're thankful for the safe outdoor fun that skiing and riding provides! Join us in celebrating and promoting COVID and Responsibly Code safety January 25th through January 31st! We'll have fun promotional activities around the mountain, as well as virtually. Participate to win cool prizes and spread the word of safety on the slopes!
Safety Week Programs
Help us spread the word of safety on the slopes! Although safety is important all season long, the National Ski Areas Association has dedicated January as National Safety Month!
Browse through our list of safety activities January 25th through January 31st!
Visit our moving Safety Chair Simulator to learn the importance of loading, riding and unloading chair lifts safely! Masks and gloves are required to ride.
Our Safety Chair Simulator will be located by the Challenge Express Lift next to our Valley First Aid building January 30th and 31st.
Safe guests get sweet rewards! If your spotted riding the lift with your safety bar down, you will be given a sweet treat from our Mountain Hosts & Ski Patrol!
Please don't be a litter bug! Be sure to keep your candy wrapper and discard of it in a trash bin.
Calling All Young Artists! (ages 12 & under) Use your creativity to make a Safety Poster featuring an element of the Skier & Rider Responsibility Code on the slopes! Blue Mountain's Winner will also be entered into the National Ski Area Association's Safety Poster Contest for a chance to be featured in their magazine.
- Please download the poster template using the link below.
- Return the completed poster to either the Valley or Summit Guest Services Counter by January 31st!
Be Safe, Be Creative! Enter to win fame, glory and a Blue Mountain Lift Ticket & $50 Gift Card - just grab a camera and film a short safety video! Here's what you need to know:
DATES: Video is due January 31st at 11:59pm
VOTING: Blue Mountain staff will vote on which video best displays the Responsibility Code or COVID safety on Monday, February 1st. The winner will be announced via our Facebook and Instagram accounts.
- Film a short video, no more than 60 seconds
- Feature one element of the Responsibility Code or COVID safety on the mountain
- Up to 4 people can be included on a "team" in producing the video. Each team member will receive a lift ticket and $50 gift card if they are selected as the winners.
- Submit videos to [email protected]
Prize: The winning person or team will receive a lift ticket and $50 gift card valid anywhere at Blue Mountain Resort
Save on safety! Enjoy 30% off in-stock face coverings at our True Blue Mountain Sports Shop locations January 25th through January 31st!
Know the Code
The Skier & Rider Responsibility Code of Conduct:
- Always stay in control.
- People ahead of you have the right of way.
- Stop in a safe place for you and others.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging, look uphill and yield.
- Use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe signs & warnings, and keep off closed trails.
- Know how to use the lifts safely.
Smart Style for Freestyle Terrain:
- Make A Plan - every time you use freestyle terrain, make a plan for each feature you want to use. Your speed, approach and take off will directly affect your maneuver and landing.
- Look Before You Leap - scope around the jumps first, not over them. Know landings are clear, and clear yourself out of the landing area immediately.
- East Style It - start small and work your way up (inverted aerials are not recommended).
- Respect Gets Respect - from the lift line and throughout the parks, do it.