Bike Park COVID-19 Safety Precautions
Blue Mountain Resort is now open Friday-Sunday for Mountain Biking.
We value the health of our guests and employees and will be phasing our opening to encourage distancing and ease back into the “new normal” COVID-19 world. Please review our new policies and procedures prior to your visit to the Bike Park. We are excited to have you back on the mountain, and look forward to providing outdoor adventure in a safe environment!
Bike Park Operating Procedures
Blue Mountain Bike Park is Open!
We are now welcoming MTB Season Passholders, as well as offering day tickets and rentals! Day tickets MUST be purchased in advance on our website. There will be no walk up ticket purchase available. Tickets can be redeemed at our self serve ticket kiosks, or at the mountain bike counter. ½ day tickets are still not available. Rental equipment is limited and MUST be reserved 48 hours in advance.
To redeem MTBParks Pass tickets, please contact [email protected] at least 48 hours in advance of your visit to redeem, subject to availability. Other ticket discounts are not available at this time.
Season Pass Pickup
Season pass pick ups will be available at the mountain bike counter.
IF YOU ARE A NEW PASSHOLDER FOR 2020: Please send a photo of yourself to [email protected] with the subject line MTB Pass Photo to speed up your time at the counter. Photos should be a close up of your face, in good lighting, without any hat or face coverings.
Cloth face coverings must be worn inside all Blue Mountain buildings, when in the lift line, and when unloading the chairlift. A full face helmet does not count as a face mask. We will have a limited supply of paper masks for purchase, but guests are encouraged to arrive with a mask. Tubes/neck gaiters work great in conjunction with a helmet.
In the event that you would need to access a ticketing counter for a pass or product issue, we will be adhering to the same distancing guidelines you see in your grocery store. You will need to remain 6 feet away from the person potentially in front of you. Distancing guidelines will be followed in all queuing areas. We will not be selling walk up lift passes or rentals until further notice. Face masks must be worn inside all buildings and while at ticket windows.
True Blue Mountain Sports will be open in the Valley for gear purchases. Only 3 guests will be permitted in the retail store at one time. Distancing measures of 6 feet will be enforced. Face masks must be worn inside all buildings, and while shopping in True Blue Mountain Sports. Trying on of retail items is not permitted. All purchases are non-returnable.
Limited Quantities of Rentals are now Available. Rentals must be booked online 48 hours in advance, and will NOT be available for walk ups at the ticket windows. There are no refunds, unless the mountain would close due to weather. Tickets are not included with your rental and will need to be purchased separately.
To redeem your rental, visit a ticket counter in the Valley Lodge. A $200 deposit will be taken at pick up and refunded upon return inspection of the bike. Your bike will be setup in advance and labeled with your name. Please return the bike to the pickup location.
A mechanic will be staffed during operating hours. Due to distancing guidelines, repair times will be extended and not all repairs will be made. We will be suspending convenience repairs such as tube and tire replacement until distancing guidelines are eased.
Lessons/Ride with a Guide
All guided lessons and other staff escorted products will not be available for purchase until distancing restrictions are further lifted.
Food and Beverage
Until eat-in restaurants are open, guests are not permitted to consume food or beverages inside our facilities. For opening weekend, we will not have food or drinks available for purchase at the Valley Lodge. Slopeside Pub and Grill at the Summit Lodge remains open for curbside take out only. You can order by calling 610.824.1557 or by ordering online on Toast here.
Guests are asked to park with sufficient space between vehicles to allow 6’ or more between vehicles. Our parking lot is large and there is plenty of room to distance. Large gatherings in the parking lot are prohibited.
- We will be loading a maximum of four bikes per lift tray on the outside carriers. We will only load 4 bikes if the rider is comfortable riding with another guest on the chair.
- Guests may not sit in the chair directly behind the bike carrier to give the unloading attendant sufficient time to unload bikes and distance themselves from the unloading area
- Guests who arrived in the same vehicle will be permitted to ride the chair together, all other guests will be asked to sit separately.
- Bikes will be unloaded and placed in a rack for guests to pick up. Sanitation wipes and hand sanitizer will be available at the top of the chairlift.
On the Trails
- Riders are encouraged to only ride those they arrived with
- Riders are encouraged to continue using their masks while riding
- Rider spacing of at least 20 meters is encouraged to avoid the “slipstream” of exhalation
- If stopping along a trail, stopped riders must move at least 6’ off the trail tread while stopped
- Ride within your limits. We understand everyone is ready to get out and shred. Progression and testing your limits can wait. Ride smart, ride safe!
- All elements of the Mountain Bikers Code of Conduct should continue to be followed.
- Bike wash is currently unavailable.
Please note that we are following government recommendations and doing our best to operate within those guidelines. These guidelines change on a daily and weekly basis and we must change our operating procedures with it.
All guests are expected to follow all recommended CDC distancing and cleanliness guidelines. Failure to do so will result in loss of access to our facilities. If you can not comply with these procedure and guidelines, please stay home.