Rules & Tips - How to play disc golf
The rules of Disc Golf are quite similar to the rules used in the game of Golf, including the matter of courtesy. It is only fair that your opponent’s throw be without distraction. And please be sure to leave it better than you found it - Leave No Trace, only footprints.
Quick Course Courtesy Check
Rules & Tips on How to Play Disc Golf:
- Remain quiet and avoid unnecessary movements while others are throwing.
- Stand behind the player who is throwing until throw is complete.
- Do not alter the course (trees, bushes, etc.) in any way.
- Remove disc(s) from basket after completing the hole.
- Allow faster groups to play through when possible.
- Pick up trash and put in proper receptacles.
- Be helpful and teach new players the rules.
Disc Golf 101
Remember the most important rule:
“The one who has the most fun, wins!”
– “Steady” Ed Headrick, www.discgolf.com