The Farm at Blue Mountain Resort
Established in Spring of 2021, The Farm at Blue Mountain is the heart of our new farm-to-resort initiative. The farm produces a diverse selection of vegetables, fruits, edible flowers, and herbs for Slopeside Pub & Grill and Wedding and Banquet events.
From Our Farm To Your Table
Carbon County Open Gate Farm Tour
Join us on Saturday, August 27th, 10am to 2pm, for the Carbon County Open Gate tour of The Farm at Blue Mountain Resort! This is a FREE event offering Farm Tours, Live Music, Harvest Lunches, and Plant and Vegetable Sales.
Educational topics include:
-Organic produce, herb, and flower production
-Greenhouse and high tunnel season extension
-Native plants and pollinator health
-Carbon County 4-H Youth Development Program Information
-Penn State Master Watershed Stewards
-Penn State Master Gardeners with Container
- We practice organic agricultural methods to enhance our soil health and the health of our environment. We do not use any chemical inputs.
- We grow over 100 different varieties of produce, herbs, and flowers annually.
- In addition to the harvest, we design fresh floral arrangements and seasonal planter arrangements for the resort lodges and floriculture landscape.
- We focus on native plant propagation and landscaping to support and preserve the biodiversity of pollinators and wildlife.
- In 2022, we added four honeybee hives to the farm. Honeybees are responsible for pollinating about 1/3 of agricultural plant crops.
- In 2021, we received a grant from Monarch Watch for over 500 milkweed plants to support monarch butterfly (Danaus plexippus) conservation. In July 2022, the monarch butterfly was added to the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species as Endangered.
- We work with local agricultural and environmental organizations and farmers to educate and support our community.
- Every week of the growing season, we donate excess produce to our local food pantries including the: West End Food Pantry of Kunkletown, Palmerton CACPAC Pantry, Zion Delly Berger Pantry of Lehighton, and Lehighton Senior Housing.