Top 10 Reasons to Attend Blue Mountain Resort's Winter Fest
WHEN: Saturday, January 25th 2020 11am-6pm | Sunday, January 26th 2020 10am-2pm
WHERE: Summit Lodge, Summit Courtyard, and Summit School Hill
In addition to the usual skiing, snowboarding, and snowtubing here’s the top 10 reasons why you should grab your friends and family and head to the mountain:
1. Ice Carving – Take a seat and snap a photo on the Blue Mountain ice sculpture throne! There will be a total of three ice thrones to choose from – one in the valley, one at the summit, and one in tubing. You can also watch Sculpted Ice Works create ice sculptures LIVE on Summit School Hill! Ice carving will take place every hour on the hour. The last carving starts at 5pm on 1/25 and 1pm on 1/26. You won’t want to miss it!
2. Luge Track with USA Olympic Luge Team – Meet real members of the USA Olympic Luge Team! Luge is a winter racing sport where you ride sleds down a track made of snow. Watch action-packed demonstrations or get a lesson on how it’s done. The team’s coaches are always looking for potential athletes. In 2017, the USA Luge Team discovered Brianna Gosnell at Blue Mountain during her first attempt at luge. Get ready to show off your skills- YOU could be next! Luge demonstrations will take place all day with a race starting at 5pm on 1/25 and 1pm on 1/26. Get ready to have a blast with this activity!
3. Dog Sled Team – Say hello to your new furry friends! Meet authentic Sled Dogs, watch real demonstrations from the team, and even enter to win your own ride on the sleds. You will learn the basics of dog sledding and have the opportunity to take your own pictures with the pack!
4. Snow Making Tours – Have you ever wondered how the snow is made? Now’s the time to meet our snow-making team and learn the process behind it all! Get a sneak-peak behind the scenes of our snowmaking from our friends at PBS39 here! Tours on 1/25 are at 11am, 2pm, and 5pm, 1/26 tours are at 10am and 1pm. Tours meet under the tent adjacent to the Alpine Ballroom.
5. Snowga – Relax, stretch, and unwind with yoga on the snow! Yoga on the snow at the Summit offers a fun twist on traditional yoga. Stay cool and have fun while you get your workout in for the day!
6. Snow Tubing with Carver – Head to the Adventure Center in the Valley and snow tube with Carver, the mountain’s “hu-ski” mascot! To participate in this activity, you must purchase tubing tickets in the Valley Adventure Center. Carver will be snowtubing with you 1/25 and 1/26 from 10am-12pm.
7. Kids Area Activities – The mountain has loads of activities for the kiddos! These activities include face-painting (prices will vary), bracelet-making, and a coloring contest with Carver the “hu-ski”! Kid’s 12 and under are invited to enter the coloring contest to win cool prizes!
8. Fireworks Show –Get ready to celebrate the 11th Winter Fest and watch the spectacular fireworks display at the Summit! There’s no better way to end an awesome day on the mountain! Fireworks are on 1/25 at 6pm. In the event of bad weather, the fireworks display will be moved to 1/26 with time TBD.
9. Live Music Entertainment – Head on over to Last Run Lounge in the Alpine room, located in the Summit, to enjoy a live music line up! Take a break from the slopes and enjoy hot hits from these cool bands:
- Ostrich Hat: 1/25 12-3pm
- Toolshed Jack: 1/25 4-7pm
- Jump Start Band: 1/26 12-3pm
- Sidewinder Blues Band:1/26 4-7pm
10. Delicious Food and Beverage Options – You’ll have worked up an appetite after exploring all of the Winter Fest activities! Enjoy a sit-down dining experience at Slopeside Pub & Grill, opt for grab-and-go style fare at any of the cafés, or try an outside vendor like Helmut’s Strudel. Helmut’s Strudel specializes in Austrian-style puff pastries ranging from sweet and un-sweet strudel fillings. Helmut’s Strudel will be located outside by the Summit School Hill for Winter Fest.
- Slopeside Pub & Grill (Summit Lodge)
- Slopeside Outside (Summit Lodge)
- Cornerstone Grill (Summit Lodge)
- Summit Café (Summit Lodge)
- Paradise Pizza (Summit Lodge)
- Last Run Lounge (Summit Lodge)
- Helmut’s Strudel (Summit School Hill)
- Valley Café (Valley Lodge)
- The Warming Hut (Valley Lodge)
- Trails End Bar (Valley Lodge)
- Waffle Cabin (Valley Lodge)
- Tubing Café (Adventure Center)
- The Steaming Mug (Adventure Center)
Blue Mountain Resort's 11th annual Winter Fest is one you won't want to miss! We'll see YOU on the mountain!
Published January 7th, 2020