Blue Mountain Ski Area proudly announces the return of the Pennsylvania Blues Festival in July 2013, "Celebrating 22 years of Blues in the Poconos."
Here's a glimpse of what to expect at the PA Blues Fest:
* NEW THIS YEAR TO THE PA BLUES FEST - 10 to 15 Suburban Camping Tents are available on a first come, first serve basis! Act now to sleep under the stars, without the hassle!
MAKING EVENTS INTENTS!
Blue Mountain Ski Area proudly presents Suburban Camping, a company that provides a vintage campsite and creates a memorable experience in the great outdoors! This camping option is available to guests who wish to sleep under the stars at the PA Blues Fest, but do not have the equipment or do not want to bother with the setup and cleanup!
Full Service Camping Experience - $600
Renting a Suburban Camping Accommodation includes the following:
- A pre-pitched tent - 16' of space in a high quality canvas treated for mildew, mold, UV and water resistance, 4 zippered mesh windows with a unique rollup feature on sides for warm days.
- Complete with 4 cots, a lantern, a table and a throw rug
- Open Lounge Area with seating & space to stretch your legs!
- Charging station at Lounge Area for lanterns & cell phones
- Access to complimentary 8-stall shower trail, available to all campers
* Guest must bring chairs, sleeping bags, blankets, pillows and any other essentials you may need to sleep and be comfortable in the tent. All pre-pitched tents will be setup by Friday, July 26th 2013 at 12pm and taken down by Monday, July 28th at 12pm by Suburban Camping's experienced outfitters. Fires, open flames and smoking in, near or around the tents is strictly prohibited!
Back by overwhelming demand, The Pennsylvania Blues Festival VIP Package includes everything that is needed for “Your Blues Event of the Summer!" We expect the VIP packages to sell out quick, as they did last summer, so act now and get yours today!
The VIP Package Includes the Following:
Full Festival Hospitality in a Private VIP Area with Food & Drinks adjacent to the Main stage
Festival Tickets for Saturday & Sunday
Admission to Friday & Saturday Night Jams, includes the Dinner Buffet
Main Stage Photo Pit Access
1 Festival T-Shirt (per VIP customer)
1 VIP Parking Pass (per VIP package)
Friday, July 26th 2013 - Friday Night Jam
8pm to Midnight in the Adventure Center – doors open at 7pm. Cover charge at the door - $7 & Jam Buffett - $7 (optional)
Lehigh Valley PA Blues Showcase (presented by WDIY 88.1 fm - NPR - Lehigh Valley) with The BC Combo (The Smith Brothers: Nick Franclik, Josh Kanusky & Joe Mack) featuring Bev Conklin, Georgie Bonds, Mike Dugan, Charlie Brown and Mike Mettalia.
Saturday July 27th 2013 - Gates open at 12pm
1pm to 2:15pm – John Primer Band
2:45pm to 4pm – Bonerama
4:30pm to 5:45pm – Sista Monica
8pm to 9:30pm – Robert Randolph & The Family Band
2pm to 3pm – Guy Davis (solo / acoustic)
3:30pm to 4:30pm – “Meet & Greet” the PA Blues Fest Artists for Interviews & Autographs
5pm to 6pm – John Primer Band
6:30pm to 7:30pm – Guy Davis (solo / acoustic)
8pm to 9:30pm – Bonerama
Saturday Night Jam in the Adventure Center
Sunday July 28th 2013 - Gates open at 11am
12pm to 1:15pm – Alexis P. Suter - Gospel Show
1:45pm to 3pm – Johnny Rawls
3:30pm to 4:45pm – Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk
5:15pm to 6:30pm – Ruthie Foster
7pm to 8:30pm – The Bobby Rush Revue
12:30pm to 1:30pm – Warner Williams & Jay Summerour
4:15pm to 5:15pm – Bobby Rush (solo / acoustic)
5:30pm to 6:30pm – Warner Williams & Jay Summerour
7pm to 8:30pm – Alexis P. Suter
COOLEST SEAT IN THE HOUSE - $200
RENT A PRIVATE CABANA and Relax like a Rockstar!
A Private Cabana Rental includes the following - a cabana for up to 4 guests with a great view of the Main Stage, 4 comfortable chairs, a table, a cooling fan, 4 bottles of water each day and table service for only $200!
* Cabana price DOES NOT include festival tickets, camping, access to VIP areas or Night Jam tickets.
* Cabana pictured above is not the exact style.. photo will be updated once determined.
* Our goal is to keep standards high and promote a safe, successful & fun festival. rules are designed to maintain order & regulate activities. The Following will be enforced, thankS for your cooperation.
FESTIVAL RULES & REGULATIONS :
1. At least one guest must be 18 years or older per campsite.
2. Campers & Vendors may arrive as early as 12pm on Friday July 26th, 2013.
3. Campers & Vendors are expected to clear campsites by 12pm on Monday July 29th, 2013.
4. Campsites will be assigned on day of arrival by Blue Mountain personnel on a first come, first serve basis. The number of camping units per campsite varies and will be determined by Blue Mountain.
5. Campsites will be available to accommodate tents, pop-ups, trailers and RV's. Tow vehicles may be required to park at a location other than the site of the trailer. If trailers and RV's have a length of 27' or more, please call (610) 826-7700 in advance to assure space is available prior to purchasing tickets.
6. Camping at the event is rustic. Water, electric, sewage hook-ups and sewage dumping stations at campsites will NOT be provided. Fresh water and a temporary dumping station will be available if you prefer not to haul water to & from in your RV or trailer. In addition, restrooms and a complimentary 8-stall shower trailer complete with changing areas is provided to those camping at the festival.
7. Open fires will be PROHIBITED if drought conditions exist. If drought conditions do not exist and fires are permitted, campers will use the designated fire sites and firewood ONLY.
8. Firewood from out of PA State or harvested from more than a 25 mile radius from Blue Mountain is prohibited. Blue Mountain will supply firewood at each fire site and more will be available for purchase.
9. Campers & Vendors must place all trash within plastic bags and use designated trash receptacles.
10. Use of fireworks, explosives, firearms and recreational all terrain vehicles are strictly prohibited.
11. Pets (excluding seeing-eye dogs) are prohibited.
12. Blue Mountain will NOT be responsible for equipment & belongings. Campers should secure all equipment and belongings before leaving their campsite. Non-essentials should be left at home.
13. NOISE - PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING IS PROHIBITED: Operating motorized equipment or machinery such as an electric generator, motor vehicle, audio device or other in a manner that exceeds a noise level of 60 decibles at 50 feet; or if below that level nevertheless; makes noise which is unreasonable considering the nature and purposes of the actor's conduct, location, time of day or night, purpose for which the area was established, impact on other campers and other factors that govern the conduct of a reasonably prudent person under the circumstances.
* PLEASE be respectful of your neighbors and others around you to help ensure that everyone has an enjoyable time at the 2013 PA Blues Fest.
What TO BRING & What TO LEAVE :
What to BRING for Camping :
Tent, Tarp(s) and/or Canopy
Sleeping bags and/or blankets
Chairs (at site & for music) & camping table
Small luggage lock for your tent, recommended
Small first aid kit / any medication you may need
Flashlight, bugspray, sunscreen, cell phone charger, etc. Another means of transport to and from Camping Area, i.e. Radio Flyer wagon works great!
Towels, soap, flipflops & toiletries - a complimentary 8-stall shower trailer is available for campers!
Coolers (Outside food/drinks NOT PERMITTED inside festival, ONLY in the camping & tailgating areas)
The following is PROHIBITED inside the Festival :
NO Illegal substances
NO Weapons of any kind!
NO audio or video recorders
NO Signs attached to poles or sticks
NO Fireworks and NO Laser Pointers
NO Unauthorized Vending or Soliciting
NO Pets, except for service and/or guide dogs
NO Coolers and NO Outside Food & Drinks in the Festival (ONLY PERMITTED in the camping & tailgating areas) You will be asked to eat, drink and/or leave these items in your car or at your campsite
* NO Popups, tents, canopies, sun chairs or sun umbrellas in the FESTIVAL and MUSIC / STAGE AREAS - if approved by Blue Mountain, these items must be towards the back of the crowds or in the designated areas. PLEASE DO NOT block the view of others around you! You will be asked to relocate these items if conflicts arise. Be respectful of your neighbors and others around you to help ensure that everyone has an enjoyable time at the 2013 PA Blues Fest.