Frontier Adventure Camp
Programmed by outdoor professionals passionate for adventure in the Pocono Mountains, Frontier Adventure Camp features a full outdoor schedule of daily activities that will inspire and challenge campers.
Frontier Campers experience the thrills of the Pocono Mountains through daily activities based on the camper's choice of themed track. Through guidance and positive encouragement from our experienced counselors, Frontier Campers are motivated to face challenges that build confidence, improve teamwork skills, enhance leadership abilities and create long lasting memories.
Each Camp Track features an off-site field trip opportunity for horseback riding, whitewater rafting & extensive guided nature walks.
Track Activities Include:
- High & Low Ropes Courses, Hiking, Zip Lining, Outdoor Laser Tag, Climbing Walls & Rappelling, Archery, Gaga Ball, Disc Golf, BMX Pump Track Riding, Stand-up Paddle Boarding, Arts & Crafts, Animal & Plant ID and MORE!
Adventure Camp is offers 6-weekly sessions throughout July & August.
- Day Camp: Monday - Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Residential Camp: Monday - Friday, 9am to 5pm - plus overnight
1. June 29 - Day Camp Only
2. July 13 - Day & Residential Camp
3. July 20 - Day & Residential Camp
4. July 27 - Day Camp Only
5. August 3 - Day Camp Only
6. August 10 - Day Camp Only
Camp prices as of June 22, 2015 -
- Day Camp: $429 (lunch is provided)
- Overnight Camp: $929
Discounts available for 2 or more sessions or 2 or more siblings!
$20 off per week at Day Camp or $40 off per week at Overnight Camp. *Must call to receive discount.
- Transportation services are available.
- Early drop-off & Late pick-up options.
Early Drop-Off & Late Pick-Up options:
- If campers are being dropped off and picked up from Blue Mountain, they can arrive an hour early at 8am or depart an hour later at 6pm to assist with drive time and scheduling.
- $40 per week / per camper (additional cost)
Bus Stop Locations are available from 3 pre-set routes:
- If campers need a ride to Blue Mountain, designated bus stops are setup along 3 pre-set routes for your convenience. Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled times.
- $100 per week / per camper (additional cost)
- Now included in the Bear Track! Bear campers get a first-hand horseback riding experience in the Pocono Mountains!
- Apollo Farms properly introduces campers to the basics of grooming, handling, saddling, mounting & riding.
- Apollo Farms is right down the road from Blue Mountain in Palmerton, PA - Learn About Apollo Farms.
- Now included in the Cougar Track! Cougar campers get a first-hand whitewater rafting experience in the Pocono Mountains!
- JTRA properly introduces campers to the basics of paddling, water safety and working together as a team.
- JTRA is located in Jim Thorpe, about 20 minutes north of Blue Mountain - Learn About Jim Thorpe River Adventures.
LG Nature Center
- Now included in the Fox Track! Fox campers get a first-hand guided nature walk in the Pocono Mountains!
- The Lehigh Gap Nature Center properly introduces campers to conservation & preservation efforts for environmental education.
- The Lehigh Gap Nature Center is located in Slatington, about 10 minutes south of Blue Mountain - Learn About LGNC.
Choose a Track
We offer 3 tracks of activities each week in order to explore the unique personalities and interests of our campers. Are you a Cougar, a Bear or a Fox? Start your adventure by picking the track that's best for you!
- COUGAR: the Cougar Track is designed for campers that are athletic, brave and full of energy. This track will spend most of their time doing physical activities and adventure-based sports. Our Cougar Track Field Trip will be Whitewater Rafting with Jim Thorpe River Adventures.
- BEAR: the Bear Track is designed for campers that are adaptable, curious and fast learners. This track will focus on honing outdoor skills such as building shelter, making fire, outdoor cooking, and identifying flora & fauna. Our Bear Track Field Trip will be Horseback Riding with Apollo Farms.
- FOX: the Fox Track is designed for campers that are creative, skilled and crafty. This track encourages campers to use their imaginations and will focus on hands-on activities such as nature arts & crafts, photography and music. Our Fox Track Field Trip will be to the Lehigh Gap Nature Center.
Frontier Camper Required Paperwork
Blue Mountain Resort requests a parent/guardian of the Frontier Camper to read through and complete the following forms.
Please Note: Day Camp and Overnight Camp have separate Health History Forms. There are also Field Trip Release Forms for the different tracks - Bear, Cougar & Fox.
Questions about Camp Forms? Call the Camp Administrator at (484) 633-5272.
*These forms can be scanned, faxed or handed in on the first day of camp. Submitting instructions are listed within the 2015 Camp Handbook.
Campers and parents are encouraged to read through the Camp Handbook together.
A parent/guardian signature is required on the last book of the handbook.
Parents/Guardians of ALL Frontier Campers are required to fill out the Camp Application and sign the Blue Mountain Release.
Day Campers are required to have this form completed and signed by a parent or guardian.
Overnight Campers must have this health form signed by a parent/guardian, along with a Medical Personnel.
Campers in the BEAR Track must have this release form signed by a parent or guardian in order to participate in the field trip to Apollo Farms for horseback riding.
Campers in the COUGAR Track are required to have this release form signed by a parent or guardian in order to participate in the field trip to Jim Thorpe River Adventures for whitewater rafting.
Campers in the FOX Track must have this release form signed by a parent or guardian in order to participate in the field trip to the Lehigh Gap Nature Center for a guided hiking trip!